Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Why does the red power light on my sony kdf50e2000 flash on

Customer Question

why does the red power light on my sony kdf50e2000 flash on and off three times in a row, then a pause and repeat---the tv does not come on
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, 3 blinks of the red light means the Lamp cover is open on the set or the lamp is not installed securely. Did this issue happen right after replacing the lamp

If so, then unplug the TV from power, then carefully remove and reinstall the lamp making sure it is secure. Close the lamp door securely then plug the TV back in and try to power it up.

If this does not work then simply reply back.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know when you are able to see my reply.