TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Fuses are all good ...a few caps are swollen a

Customer Question
little...sound but no picture...powers up...
fuses are all good ...a few caps are swollen a little...sound but no picture...powers up with familiar ring tone stays on and powers done with familiar ring tone in reverse.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/24/2016
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

Sound no pic is a common failure with plasma sets , usually its failure of one of the scan boards and maybe buffers that supply the scan boards to verify that would mean using a meter (volt/ohms) to verify my suspicions/the board(s) ordered and fitted in the set, let me know your thoughts on that and if you would be comfortable with the work.

Let me know please

Anthony

I am ready and able

OK just to confirm you press the menu button of the sets own remote control and the menu DOES NOT come up correct?

correct

You need to get the back off the set

Locate the power-board by tracing the power-cord to it

On this board you need to locate the Vs and Va voltage test points let me know when you spot those

been there done that 66 and 208 on both boards

If you have done anything else please let me know now thanks............

did you read the opening staement

It says nothing about you checking the Vs or VA just fuses ring tone

So let me know everything yoj have done checks you have made boards you may have replaced

I got 208 on both sides of the fuse...I pulled the logic feed and problem did not change
no boards have been changed
the Vs Va voltages are present with all boards plugged in when the logic board is unplugged 208 goes away.
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician