TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Have an LG 60LN5400 TV that was struck in the lower left…

Customer Question
Have an LG 60LN5400 TV...
Have an LG 60LN5400 TV that was struck in the lower left hand corner of the screen and is now cracked. You can see the point of impact and how it's spider cracked a little out from there. TV screen now has a bunch of vertical lines running across it and one solid black circle just left of were the screen was hit. Is it possible to purchase just a replacement screen for this tv?
Sincerely,
Jeff
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/24/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Unfortunately when the screen is cracked, it requires complete replacement of the LCD panel- which costs 80% of what the TV cost when new. Additionally the vertical lines and solid black circle indicates the inner LCD has leaked and the panel is bad. Whenever we see a screen with a bad or cracked panel, the TV is not repairable as the cost of the new screen is so expensive and the entire TV needs to be rebuilt from the inside out to replace it. In other words, it costs more than the TV did when new to replace the screen.

However, there are two options here. One is to find the EXACT same model number LG (The LCD controller is matched to the screen), with a blown power board, or a different fault, and salvage the screen from it.

Or two, contact http://www.shopjimmy.com to see what they will give you for the set as is, as they purchase TV's with broken screens and then sell the other boards to TV repair shops and DIY'ers.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

The screen is all one piece- meaning the LCD panel and Led lighting within the panel itself.