TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an LG 3d TV 50LA6205, I was watching it earlier when…

Customer Question
I have an LG 3d...
I have an LG 3d TV 50LA6205, I was watching it earlier when the screen went black,the sound was still on but no video. I turned it off and on again and the LG logo came on for a second and the screen went black again.
Question, can it be fixed or is now junk.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/24/2016
TV Technician: TV Tech1, Technician replied 2 years ago
TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician

After the LG logo appears, does the screen stay lit afterwards or go completely pitch black? Slightly lit is good, pitch black is not good.

It stays pitch black
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

This Tv is only a couple years old right? It's worth the effort to call LG Monday and ask for "Customer Relations"...that department is set up to correct issues like yours. Your issue is a shorted LED array. That's why it lights for a second or two, then goes out. It's not jumk yet...not until LG's customer relations department refuses to replace the panel, or pro-rates your TV set for a new one.

1(###) ###-####/p>