TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Pioneer Plasma TV model 6010FD has stopped working it…

Customer Question
My Pioneer Plasma TV model...
My Pioneer Plasma TV model 6010FD has stopped working it tries to start and says Plasma screen warming up then it just goes out and a small blue flashing light illuminates near the bottom left of the console next to the on/off switch. Is there anything I can do like reset from somewhere on the back of the TV?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/24/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Offhand the blue blinking light is a code used by Pioneer to tell a tech what may be wrong with the set. Can you please count the number of blinks between pauses (for example: 12 blinks, pause, 12 blinks, pause) and let me know what you get?

12 blinks
Pause 12 blinks

Thank you for the reply. The 12 blink code is a communication error between the Power Board and the Mainboard. This is preventing the set from powering up, and in many cases requires hardware replacement to fix the issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Tried this reset method three times. No change

Thank you for the reply. The 12 blink code is a communication error between the Power Board and the Mainboard. This is preventing the set from powering up, and requires hardware repairs to the set. If you bring this to a shop, you're looking at an average cost of between $350-$450 parts and labor to repair and can use the link below to locate a shop in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Alternatively, if you're a DIY type and looking to repair the set yourself, let me know what experience you have and we can proceed accordingly.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

I won't be home near this set until this evening, pacific time.

Okay, not sure what you're saying here. So you want to repair the set yourself, and have a multi-meter and the ability to test voltages?

Sorry I thought you had wanted voice communications. I must have misread the string

No, not me- the site sends that offer. I don't use the phone call feature however.

Got it, regarding the tv, this happened once before and I was going to fix it myself ( fit kind of guy) or take it in for repair but when I took it down off the wall and disconnected everything, I decided to clean it up and try on more time. The damn thing fixed itself... So I put it back on the wall. This time my son pulled the power cord while the set was still on and poof same problem I had before. I'm not going to pot a lot of money into this set because plasma a are touchy anyway and things may just start to go after 8 years, other tech has gotten much better even though the picture is great on this tv... I guess I will try taking it down off the Wall to start...
I do have the tools to check voltages...
TV Technician: ,  replied 2 years ago
Phone call session started