TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Timer blinking

Customer Question
green...
Timer blinking green
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/23/2016
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website which saves you time and money vs much higher repair shop diagnostic fees.

To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...

1. How long have you had the Tv?

2. Did you replace the ballast board or did a repair shop do it?

3. Did the symp***** *****ge after replacing the board? If so, what was the original symptom?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

1 year(used) I replaced...no symp***** *****ge
Also changed lamp

Which LED on the front panel is blinking green?

Is it blinking really fast, continuously? Or in some repeating pattern? or?

The timer... Eventually it stops...TV cuts off...cut on TV.... After awhile it does it again
Really fast

Where did you buy the lamp?

How much did the lamp cost?

I forgot the name of the store. It's the new place is popping up everywhere that say on Lampson batteries and lightbulbs and stuff like that. I will leave it cost around $50.
I believe

Fast green blinking led and rebooting is going to be related to components in the chassis. If you have the tools and ability, suggest you inspect chassis for bulging caps, test voltages on power board connectors during plug in/power on. Otherwise start with replacing power board (934C159001) and test, then if needed DM board (934C152006). Can provide service manual if you need it.

Also, I would NEVER EVER put a $50 lamp into a tv. They fail early and possibly cause other problems like killing ballast. Get original quality product: www.dlplampsource.com

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Regardless of what you decide to do next, please be sure to click the 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other paying customers.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?

Where can these parts be located? I already tried the new power board.

Just a few off the top:

Brand new $362 CLICK HERE

Used $200 CLICK HERE

Would this also be causing the screen to jump around and the distortions and off colors?

Um I thought the tv would not power on, just a blinking light on the front.

Please click the 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time helping you rather than other paying customers.

It cuts off led starts blinking won't come on for a while ... When on picture is distorted

The exact manner, color, speed, pattern of the blinking immediately AFTER the tv shuts down abnormally is very important.

Do you have the service manual?

Do you see the pages in the service manual regarding shutdown and the front led diagnosis?

The time I am spending with you is keeping me from helping other paying customers. Do you intend to drag this on without paying me? I have seen NOTHING from you regarding rating or if you plan on rating or how you feel about rating. Nothing.

You are rude. This is the first time I've used this service. Of course I intended on rating; I thought I was supposed to rate in the end.
Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician