TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The power button goes on enough some times to get sound but…

Customer Question
The power button goes on...
The power button goes on long enough some times to get sound but no picture the after several times it will power up enough to get a picture. We have checked everything that we know to do.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/23/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , let me know when you`re ready ?

I am ready

When this happens is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?
If you are not sure then darken the room and turn the tv off and on again while you observe the screen .
Can you see the tv`s own menu for example ?

When it will not come on it is completely black

O.k then the first suspect here would be the power board but then again the LED driver board could be in cause , those 2 boards work closely together and they are pretty cheap to buy .

How do you want to proceed from here ?
Look into this yourself or the repair shop ?

Let me know and i will help you along if you wish to look into repairing this yourself ,otherwise i will give you the details and costs you could expect.

Is it possible to have it looked at locally

Yes I`m sure but first , this tv was made in 2013 , you don`t happen to have an extended warranty ?

Could you give me your zip code ?

We got it last March from Wal Mart and it is only used about once or twice a month when we have company. The zip code is 72756.

This was bought in march 2015 you mean ??

If so then it would still be under warranty and I will give you the details for that , not a repair shop or it will cost you somewhere around $250 to $300 to have it repaired at home .

Can you confirm march 2015 ?

I will try to find a receipt I will get ahold of y'all later

If you know that it was less than a year then first you will need to contact vizio for the warranty claim .

This has to be done before anything else , you need to obtain a service authorization number .

Here is a link where you can get the details ;http://www.vizio.com/warranty

Or phone at(###) ###-####from 7:00AM to 11:00PM Monday through Friday and 10:00AM to 6:00PM Saturday and Sunday, Central Time

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate (if not just let me know ,do not rate) by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you