TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Vizio vx37l tv and I connected it to Vizeo Sound…

Customer Question
I have a Vizio vx37l...
I have a Vizio vx37l tv and I connected it to Vizeo Sound bar s2121 w DO and installed the digital optical cable but I get no sound
Suggestions
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/23/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.

Dish Network Cable boxVideo input set to TV

Thanks for the info, optical digital audio out of TV works only for digital TV channels that means if TV is hooked to antenna and its builtin tuner is processing local TV channel signals then you will get audio output on optical port at back of TV.

If TV is set on different video input such as HDMI input for cable box or DVD player etc then optical out will not provide signals for soundbar.

Alternate option is to either connect optical cable directly in Dish Network box if it has optical out port OR use analog audio cable (red-white) into analog out RCA jacks and connect the other end into soundbar audio input to get TV sound in soundbar. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Dish network box has no audio outputs at all

ah OK then analog audio out jacks on TV is only option to get TV sound in soundbar.

It is now hooked up to Optical Digital
Does that Model TV not support that

Optical Digital port of this TV works only with builtin tuner when it receives local TV channel signals through antenna, old TVs are limited to it and do not provide sound through optical digital audio for other video/HDMI inputs.

In other words, if you watch local TV channel through antenna on this TV then you will get audio signal at optical port and soundbar will work.

However, if you connect audio cable (having red-white RCA pins) in analog audio RCA jacks at back of TV and hook it into RCA audio input of soundbar then will get sound in soundbar whatever you watch on TV.

I hope these info will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Regards,
Shahid.

use the RCA red whiteThe cable that came with sound bar has that cable but on other end that plugs into soundbar is a single Jack

Soundbar would have Aux-1 and Aux-2 analog audio inputs, Aux-1 has two RCA red-white jacks to plug regular audio cable and Aux-2 has 3.5mm jack (single jack) where the supplier audio cable pin will plug.

If j have more issues I will send you photos of the back of both devices and send them to you

Sure, pictures would be great help to assist you further.

Be back to you soon as I get home

No problem, take your time, please click following link and check page 8 for connection diagram where supplier analog audio cable is shown along with RCA and 3.5mm jacks at rear of soundbar, hopefully it will help to make connection..

http://cdn.vizio.com/documents/downloads/accessories/S2121W-D0/QSG_S2121wD0.pdf

Thanks.

Thanks for the picture, looking at it and get back to you in few minutes.

Analog audio out RCA jacks are located next to optical out jack on right of DTV antenna jack in picture.

What do I plug my red/white rca cables into the sound bar

Let me make a diagram for you that will help to connect audio cable in both things, give me 15 minutes for that, is this OK?

Thank yiu

Please find attached image where rear sides of TV and soundbar are shown and audio cable is also mentioned to plug into related jacks of TV and soundbar. I hope this will help. Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Going to try tomorrow and let you knowYou have been very helpful

Sure, please take your time and reply back how it worked.

Thanks.

Just got done hooking up as per your suggestion but still no audioWhat is next !

OK, did you select correct audio input (AUX2) in soundbar?

How do I do that.

Grab the soundbar remote and press Input/ Source button on it a few times till you get AUX 2 input which should give TV sound.

I tried all the inputs and nothing

This is odd, lets verify the soundbar as first thing. Pull the audio cable pins from TV (from audio out jacks), now increase the soundbar volume and touch the audio pin with finger (no harm at all), do you hear hummm sound from soundbar?

OR hook the audio pins into another sound source such as DVD player etc as a test to see if soundbar gives sound output?

Ok this is my neighbors house and I am going away for the week but I will relay the messages to him to try

OK, that test will confirm that soundbar is working or not.

Connection setup that I mentioned will work if soundbar is OK.

Thanks.