TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Panasonic plasma TV, model TH-42PD25 I have the…

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic plasma TV, model TH-42PD25 Hello. I have the same model (Panasonic TH-42PD25). I was reading your article but in my case when I turned On the TV, the speaker are doing some noise and the image looks like snow for about 3 seconds, after this the front LED blinks 7 times, stop and repeat. I can hear some cracking noise coming from the back. After removing the back panel, I found the LDS for the SC board not light at all, for the SS just red for 2 seconds, and for the board (triangle) with a fan inside 2 seconds too. meanwhile 7 blinks in the front. Thank you.

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Sure

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/23/2016
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi Juan,

A 7 blink error code on the TH-42PD25 indicates a fault with the power supply (P) board. It is not outputting the correct voltage to keep the TV turned on, and it will need to be replaced.

You can get a replacement power supply board from http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-tnpa2841ah-p-board.htm

Let me know if you have any additional questions - you can ask followup questions at no additional charge after rating my service today.

Thanks,

Pete.

Kindly take a moment to rate my service; you can still ask additional followup questions at no additional charge :)

Pete.

Hello Pete. I changed the part that you mentioned TH-42PD25 and also the SC board and nothing changed. I tested the New "P" board with the old and new SC board and the 7 blink red code appear. Any ideas?

Hi Juan,

Do you have a voltmeter available to take some test readings?

No problem I can take some readings.

Ok, can you start with the P board and look for the voltage outputs on it - they should be indicated on the board.

Let me know what they measure...

OK. Tomorrow I'll contact you with the readings. It's Ok for you?
TY.

Yes, tomorrow is fine!

Thanks, Pete.

Pete, Electronic Engineer