TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

A box moves slowly back & forth across the top of the

Customer Question
a gray box moves slowly...
a gray box moves slowly back & forth across the top of the screen. Inside the box it says POWER ONLY (v4.02.30) (How to turn off) Press exit key and turn power off with a remote control. Can't get rid of it
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/23/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.

the only input source is the Directv satellite box
what is the answer?
are you there?

Yes, working on it.

Can you please unplug Directv box power cord for a while to see if gray box disappears?

I tried that, it didn't help. With the help of LG support, I did a reset of the TV, but that didn't help, either. Could it be the Simplink system? I can't get that to do anything. I have the Directv connected via HDMI to HDMI port #2.

This is odd, can you turn Off all the connected video device/ sources to the TV to see if floating box disappears?

I'll try that but it will be a little while, I'm out of the house at the moment. I didn't mention before, but I moved the TV from one Directv box to another yesterday, and that's when the problem started, so now when I turn on the Directv box and the TV (which is paired to the Directv remote) it reverts to the TV input rather than the HDMI-2 input where I set it. Could this be related to the Simplink settings? I can follow the instructions in the gray box by pressing exit on the TV remote (not the Directv remote) then turn the set off and back on with the TV remote and it will be fine until the next time I power it off and turn it back on. Does it matter which HDMI port the Direectv receiver is plugged into>
When I unplug the Directv receiver the floating gray box remains on the tv, otherwise the tv screen is white but blank. If I do what the box says, hit the exit key on the tv remote then turn the tv off, then back on with the tv remote, the screen will turn dark with snow then when I press the input button, the tv has reverted to tv input rather than HDMI2 as I last set it. When I change to input setting back to HDMI everything is fine until I power everything off again, then the entire cycle starts again. I should mention that the HDMI-ARC port is damages that's why I' plugging the Directv receiver into HDMI-2 or 4.
BTW I turned Simplink off and that didn't help either
Shahid, I see on a blog that you have responded to this exact question before, but said the tv needed repair, but that can't be right, as it works fine when I turn it off and back on with the tv remote
Never mind, since you can't figure it out, I figured it out myself. Since you were unable to solve my proble, issue a refund immediately, otherwise I will protest the charge and you still won't get paid.

Sorry for delayed reply, I was away from computer, sounds good that problem is resolved. Please contact customer service through given link/ number for billing matters as I have no control over it.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
Call:(###) ###-####/p>

Thanks.