TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Both ty's in the house have NO picture nor sound- just today…

Customer Question
both ty's in the house...
both ty's in the house have NO picture nor sound- just today about 4:00
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/23/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Installer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Nancy.

Can you tell me how you get your tv service? Antenna, cable, satellite, etc?
Are any other devices such as dvd player or apps working on any of your tvs?

I believe that cable is the answer- no dvd or apps

Do you have a cable BOX on these tvs, or just basic cable (no box, just a cord from wall to tv)?
Who is your cable service provider?

Where are you located (city/state)?

it is just a plug in type- nobox that I can see-

Okay, if there is no cable box, then this wouldn't be a hardware issue, and it would be very uncommon to have 2 tvs have a simultaneous hardware failure. This means that really the only likely cause of the issue is a service outage in your area.

Cable outages are fairly common, especially when there are big storms happening. Chances are the cable co is already aware of the issue and working on it.

If you can tell me your cable company and your location, I can check into it further for you to confirm though.

I am sorry I have no idea of the cable company-

I can't really give you any specifics then, unfortunately.

But all signs point to this being just a temporary outage.

There isn't anything else for you to do at this point except to wait. Typically an outage like this will be resolved within a few hours.

If service is not restored by tomorrow, you'd need to find out who the cable co is (comcast, time warner, verizion, att, cox, etc) and then follow up with their customer service line directly to ensure your account is current.

Chances are everything will come back on its own soon though.

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.