TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

ARIC; There is no Power Button on the set that I can find,

Customer Question
front or back...
ARIC; There is no Power Button on the set that I can find, front or back
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/22/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

The buttons are on the right hand side of the TV.

TV FUNCTIONS OK USING THE BUTTONS ON THE SIDE OF THE SET, HOWEVER THE REMOTE DOES NOT FUNCTION AT ALL. I HAD REPLACED ALL THE BATTERIES BEFORE, SO THAT SHOULDN'T BE THE PROBLEM. ANY SUGGESTIONS AT THIS POINT? IF SO, OR NOT, HOW DO I MAKE CONTACT WITH YOU IN THE FUTURE IF I NEED TO, REFERRING TO THIS SAME SITUATION?

Okay, let's test the remote and see if it's the remote or the TV itself. Do you have a cell phone camera or digital camera nearby please?

Okay, view the tip of the remote through the screen of the camera/phone, as if you were going to take a picture of it. Press any of the buttons on the remote and let me know if you see a flash of light from the tip of the remote please.

NO FLASH

Do you have your camera actually turned on when you're viewing?

ABSOLUTELY

Okay this means your remote at the very least isn't working. The remote will emit a flash from the tip that's only visible through the viewfinder of a digital camera. First try replacing the batteries in the remote (if you haven't done so already), and if the issue persists, then you would want to purchase a new remote (at the link below):

http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Remote-Control-E321ME-M650VSE/dp/B00JVVH3Y0

I HAVE NO REPLACEMENT BATTERIES AT THE PRESENT. i'LL HAVE TO GET BACK IN TOUCH WITH YOU LATER IF NECESSARY

Okay. In order to get back to me if needed, simply bookmark this page, or add to favorites. Additionally you can also log onto www.justanswer.com and then click on "My Questions".