Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

ARIC; There is no Power Button on the set that I can find,

Customer Question

ARIC; There is no Power Button on the set that I can find, front or back
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The buttons are on the right hand side of the TV.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TV FUNCTIONS OK USING THE BUTTONS ON THE SIDE OF THE SET, HOWEVER THE REMOTE DOES NOT FUNCTION AT ALL. I HAD REPLACED ALL THE BATTERIES BEFORE, SO THAT SHOULDN'T BE THE PROBLEM. ANY SUGGESTIONS AT THIS POINT? IF SO, OR NOT, HOW DO I MAKE CONTACT WITH YOU IN THE FUTURE IF I NEED TO, REFERRING TO THIS SAME SITUATION?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, let's test the remote and see if it's the remote or the TV itself. Do you have a cell phone camera or digital camera nearby please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, view the tip of the remote through the screen of the camera/phone, as if you were going to take a picture of it. Press any of the buttons on the remote and let me know if you see a flash of light from the tip of the remote please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO FLASH
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you have your camera actually turned on when you're viewing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ABSOLUTELY
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay this means your remote at the very least isn't working. The remote will emit a flash from the tip that's only visible through the viewfinder of a digital camera. First try replacing the batteries in the remote (if you haven't done so already), and if the issue persists, then you would want to purchase a new remote (at the link below):

http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Remote-Control-E321ME-M650VSE/dp/B00JVVH3Y0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I HAVE NO REPLACEMENT BATTERIES AT THE PRESENT. i'LL HAVE TO GET BACK IN TOUCH WITH YOU LATER IF NECESSARY
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay. In order to get back to me if needed, simply bookmark this page, or add to favorites. Additionally you can also log onto www.justanswer.com and then click on "My Questions".