TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The screen is black and the power indicator is blinking!What…

Customer Question
The screen is black and...
The screen is black and the power indicator is blinking!What should I do
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/22/2016
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website which saves you time and money vs much higher repair shop diagnostic fees.

To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...

1. How long have you had the Tv?

2. Is the indicator blinking green or red?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

I bought the TV 3 years ago.The indicator is blinking red.

unfortunately unplugging the power cord for several minutes is the only possible easy reset/fix. At this point the Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, checks need to be performed, then parts ordered and installed. Sometimes the red blinking indicator can tell a repair tech where to start looking for the defective part. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can assist you further (a meter and prior experience is required). If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Regardless of what you decide to do next, please be sure to click the 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other paying customers.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Hello, just checking back in to see if you made any progress, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician