Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I need help to update my vizio tv software update cant get

Customer Question

i need help to update my vizio tv software update cant get my mgo movies or netflex can you help
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Denise,

VIZIO Smart TVs receive Firmware Updates automatically. When a VIZIO Smart TV connects to the internet, information is sent from the VIZIO Smart TV to the Firmware servers. If the Firmware in the TV is up-to-date, nothing further takes place. If a Firmware Update is available for the TV, the Update is queued up and sent to the TV when the TV is powered off. VIZIO does not offer Firmware Updates upon request; you simply have to connect your VIZIO Smart TV to the internet.

Since Firmware Updates are pushed to the TV when it is in a powered off state, no Firmware Updates will be pushed while the TV is on. If the TV is powered on while it is receiving a Firmware Update, it will not harm the TV, but the Firmware Update will stop. The Firmware Update will then go back into the queue until the TV is powered off at which point it will start the Firmware Update process over.

If the wireless internet connection is getting disconnected, then try using a wired connection overnight when the TV is powered off to allow the update to download to the TV.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Kindly take a moment to rate my service; you can still ask additional followup questions at no additional charge :)

Pete.