TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Bob -- I have an LG smart TV that I just lost picture on. It…

Customer Question
Bob -- I have...

Bob -- I have an LG smart TV that I just lost picture on. It has had three LEDs that had gone dark (shadows on screen) but now no picture

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I was watching the television (recorded program) and the screen went blank - when I power off and then power back on the screen flashes briefly and then goes out. I do have sound

Technician's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

I was told by a TV repair person that I the screen would go black (but still have sound) if more LED's went dark. Do you have a rough idea on timeline?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/22/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.