TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a un28114000 Samsung top half goes dark a line in the…

Customer Question
I have a un28114000 Samsung...
I have a un28114000 Samsung top half goes dark a line in the middle also you can touch
the left side of television in the middle and the picture goes really bad.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/21/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello and sorry you're having problems. How long have you owned the set for and when did this problem occur?

Where exactly are you touching the TV- on the screen side, or the back side?

tv is about 3 trs. old ,problems with dark line in the middle started several monthes ago and got worse over time
top half of picture gets really bad.as, far as where I touched or grip it is the left side if your facing rear of tv.
or you can shake it and the whole picture will get bad.
I am gripping both front and rear.

Okay when the picture is bad, if you pull up the Samsung's native MENU (MENU button on the Samsung remote) will the MENU display clearly, or is it also distorted?

why would I pay 18.00 when I would pay for the phone call ?

I'm not asking you for any money- that's automatic by the site. If you want to continue here just reply back as we've been doing.

do you have any info. for me yet.

Please scroll up the page to read all replies. I asked you for some more info at 2:30.

sorry I missed that iwould have to plug back in ihave the back off but ican plug it in real quick.
menu is clear

Okay that's no problem. Yes we would need to know that in order to determine what's causing the issue.

MENU is clear EVEN on the distorted part of the screen? Or is the MENU not in the same location as the distortion?

menu is on different part of the screen
let me plug this thing in.

So it was not plugged in or?

the menu is almost the full height
with all the screws out of the tv it looks pretty good,can can you give me a little time and I will get back within 20 min.
I will not shut you off.ok
eric I have to mess with this tv you would not believe what this tv is doing.im sorry how much do I owe you

You're looking at either a bad LCD panel on that TV or a failed LCD controller (T-Con) board and the only shot you have at fixing it is replacing the T-Con, since the LCD panel is not replaceable. As far as billing- I'm not privy to that as I'm an independent tech- not a site employee. You can direct those questions to customer service via the expertsupport link.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.