TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am having trouble with my roku which I received last week.

Customer Question
It froze I cannot get...
I am having trouble with my roku which I received last week. It froze I cannot get any info from my remote to get back on netflix and my main roku box keeps blinking when plugged in. Should I return it to get another one or can I fix the problem The roku sign goes on my tv but I cannot get any place else with it. I have signed in to an account when I plugged it in on Monday
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/21/2016
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 2 years ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

First, can you remove the power to the Roku and let it sit for 10 minutes (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then connect the power, turn on the Roku and tell me if it is still frozen please

Let me know the results please

I had it unplugged for awhile now it is frozen on the setting of pair your remote and nothing moves when I touch the remote. Also the box itself just blinks on and off. I did not have this trouble up until Tuesday night the second day I put on Netflix and search to see what other things were on it.

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. It will be the memory on the board

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the roku to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

If I return it I do have info that I put into the setup will this stay on the returned roku just in case they sell it to someone else?I I put in a password, my name

They will be replacing the mainboard, including the memory, it will me destroyed, and even if it was not for some reason, there is no way to actually access the information.

Your data will not be shared.

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it.

Your most welcome

If you need anything else, please let me know and please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you