TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Jeannine. I have a Pioneer Plasma Pro-1130HD that the screen…

Customer Question
Jeannine. I have...

Jeannine. I have a Pioneer Plasma Pro-1130HD that the screen after 2-3 minutes goes black. When turning off the TV it rets but does it again. I understand that it may be a circuit board that is bad?

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Sounds still plays. It will not play DVD. Radio works.

Technician's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/21/2016
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control (during the time its black) does the menu come up please?

Anthony

I use a harmony universal remote will this work or do I need the Pioneer remote?
The menu does not appear on the tv screen just my remote works for the help session but when I answer all the questions it has no answers.

So you do get something on the display?

If there is a Menu button on the TV itself that will be good

I dont use the phone facility and in any case it will cost you more

No, I do get anything on the display. I do not know if there is a menu display button on the tv. I see only one button, the power on & off button.

OK its just that if you lose signals the screen will go black the menu check (or another input like a DVD player)will eliminate that angle

When I tried to play a DVD it would not work
No sound or picture
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack ,different tech. here
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , let me know when you`re ready ?

Can you call me?

I need you to try something first ;

Open the door at the front of the media receiver box and press the volume up/down buttons .

Do you see the OSD (on screen display) bar going up/down on the screen ?

When the picture goes out , do you get red and/or blue light blinking either on the media receiver or the tv/monitor itself ?

I have a new receiver Marantz one week old.there is nothing to open in the front. The dial for the volume does not really work

This tv model comes in 2 parts , it has has the tv/monitor and a media receiver box (not the Marantz) , it cannt work with out it so you must have it hooked up somewhere in the system .

By the way , did this problem start at the same time you installed that Marantz ?

Here is a picture of that media box .

Click the link below for the picture and if that link opens a login window popup then just close it with the upper corner X or the "no thanks . continue to view"
The picture is behind that .
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pmr2m6bj5zoyrpv/2016-01-21_1044.png?dl=0

Louie, Technician