Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Jeannine. I have a Pioneer Plasma Pro-1130HD that the screen

Customer Question

Customer: Jeannine. I have a Pioneer Plasma Pro-1130HD that the screen after 2-3 minutes goes black. When turning off the TV it rets but does it again. I understand that it may be a circuit board that is bad?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sounds still plays. It will not play DVD. Radio works.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control (during the time its black) does the menu come up please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I use a harmony universal remote will this work or do I need the Pioneer remote?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The menu does not appear on the tv screen just my remote works for the help session but when I answer all the questions it has no answers.

So you do get something on the display?

If there is a Menu button on the TV itself that will be good

I dont use the phone facility and in any case it will cost you more

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I do get anything on the display. I do not know if there is a menu display button on the tv. I see only one button, the power on & off button.

OK its just that if you lose signals the screen will go black the menu check (or another input like a DVD player)will eliminate that angle

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I tried to play a DVD it would not work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sound or picture
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I`m Jack ,different tech. here
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , let me know when you`re ready ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you call me?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

I need you to try something first ;

Open the door at the front of the media receiver box and press the volume up/down buttons .

Do you see the OSD (on screen display) bar going up/down on the screen ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

When the picture goes out , do you get red and/or blue light blinking either on the media receiver or the tv/monitor itself ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a new receiver Marantz one week old.there is nothing to open in the front. The dial for the volume does not really work
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

This tv model comes in 2 parts , it has has the tv/monitor and a media receiver box (not the Marantz) , it cannt work with out it so you must have it hooked up somewhere in the system .

By the way , did this problem start at the same time you installed that Marantz ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Here is a picture of that media box .

Click the link below for the picture and if that link opens a login window popup then just close it with the upper corner X or the "no thanks . continue to view"
The picture is behind that .
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pmr2m6bj5zoyrpv/2016-01-21_1044.png?dl=0