TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a Sharp Flat TV and does not work with my Ti4 full

Customer Question
Element box for me to...
I have a Sharp Flat TV and does not work with my Ti4 full Element box for me to streem movies. How can l fix the issue?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need an answer ASAP.
1/21/2016
TV Technician: Steve G., Technician replied 1 year ago
Steve G., Technician

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

It sounds like you do see the box's main screen but it cuts in and out. Is that correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just paid and they ask for more money? I haven't got my answer and how to fix the problem?

How long is the HDMI cable from the box to the TV?

I can't call you at the moment. I'm sorry. Can you let me know how long the cable is from the box to the TV? Approx.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Next to each other.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
12

Ok, does your TV have a second (or third) HDMI input? If so, have you tried using those - just to see if it works?

I think your TV has FIVE inputs.

And you have connected to the other HDMI inputs and then change the input with the Sharp remote?

And you get the same blinking of the main screen for the Android box?

Ok. Do you have another TV with HDMI inputs?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

OK. That would be the first thing to try. Do you have a neighbor or friend that would let you plug the box into their TV? That way, if it does the same thing on their TV, you know that the box is bad and you can return it for exchange.

If on the other hand, the box works, then we know that your TV has something to do with the problem.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Steve I did that,the box works,but my tv Sharp does not play well with other devices.

Ok, so you have experienced other devices not working well with that TV?

What other devices?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No,only this one.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Steve how can unblock the Tv?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Steve are you there?

I'm here. Hold on please....

Ok, so this is the only device that does not play nice with the TV. When it blanks out, do you get a 'No Signal' message - or something similar on the screen?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but can read it it goes off right away.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I mean,l am not able to read it.

Ok, so I think it is a resolution issue. Let me look at that box for a moment. I'll be back.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok,Steve. I know the tv is blocking the box to work.

Do you know if the box is running the latest firmware? I would guess that since you have not been able to get it up and running, you have not been able to try this.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it does.

Ok, how about the TV? Have you updated it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No,
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It a tv from 2009

Ok, let me check that model number, you said LC-42D85U

Hold on please.

Here is the latest firmware for your TV. It is from 2009 but did improve HDMI. Put this file on a clean USB drive, put that into the USB port on the TV and turn on the TV.

The update should start. If it doesn't look through the TV's menu.

UPDATE FILE

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't have that and never used it. So l need to do that.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok,can you email me that info.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
if,doesn't work? What else can l do?

It's an older TV (6-7 years old) and a cutting edge Android based media box. I'm not sure what can be done if the update doesn't work.

Frankly, I would suggest you return the box and get a $50 Amazon Fire Stick which should work and will give you all the same 'channels' as the Android box.

Let me know if the update helps. I'll be here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok,Steve and thank you.

MOnica, you are in France. I am in the US. I can't call you on the phone. I'm sorry.

Steve G., Technician