TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I own a Vizio V047L FHDTV10A, 100-240V~, 4.0A, 50/60HZ. I…

Customer Question
I own a Vizio V047L...
I own a Vizio V047L FHDTV10A, 100-240V~, 4.0A, 50/60HZ. I have not picture but sound. The TV screen started slowly went totally black over about two days, started fading dark from the right size to the left until the screen turned totally dark but Ican barely see the menu screen, channels with not change , remote not work.
This is a 2008 mtg. date model. Serial #LSPBNAJ0436280. WHAT'S WRONG?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/21/2016
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

Sorry for delay.

Do you still need help please?

Anthony

what part do I need to fix my TV?

Firstly I do not use the phone call facility this will cost you more and its not beneficial to troubleshooting

Now you are looking for a particular fast fix by replacing a board unfortunately it does not work that way from what you are saying and because you can still barely see the menu its likely to be a bad t-con board however there is no way to check this for sure its not desined to be checked so its either that or the LCD panel (screen) which is not replaceable I am sorry but its a catch 22 situation, if you wish to replace the t-con yourself please let me know I will provide all the necessary info you need ,cost of tcon about $80

Let me know please

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you, ***** ***** positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

I own a Vizio V047L FHDTV10A, 100-240V~, 4.0A, 50/60HZ. I can barely see a picture but the sound is good . The picture on the TV screen started going out slowly, then blacken over about two days. It started fading dark from the right side to the left until the screen turned totally dark but Ican barely see the menu screen, channels with notchange , remote not work.

I have replied above here it is again

Let me know please

Many Thanks

Anthony

What's my chances? What a T-con does?

Chances are 50/50 we have this trouble ourselves at workshop level the t-con (timing control) drives the LCD panel

Anthony

My LG Plasma TV model- 42PC3DV is not sending messages through the HEMI connector. It won't work with my cable box. When I run the channels setup program, the channels won't work on the cable box but will using a regular antenna. The cable box works with other TVs and inlets throughout the house. What's the problem?

That is a separate question you have to submit that to the question board (new question) you can request me if you like.

Please remember to rate this question with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, remember the question will remain open thank you

Anthony

OK, I want the T-con, but can it be returned if the TV does work?

Yes usually, if you get it from shopjimmy they make a restocking charge

Glad to help, what you need to do is get the back off the set, now you will see a unmistakable ribbon or multi-strand label going from the main-board (that's the one with all the AV input connectors on)to the t-con usually mounted upper middle of the set and may be covered by a metal shield, you need to carefully get this board out of the set (its about 5 inches by 2 half)and retrieve the part-number found on the board itself with this part-number go to www.shopjimmy.com first if they don't have it google the part-number for suppliers.

If you have any difficulties with this please upload a photo (using the paper-clip)of the inside of the set I will send it back to you with pointers

Many Thanks

Anthony

OK, Thanks,
Do you have an answer about that LG TV question?

You need to rate this question first please?