TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a Vision 4K TV; the input selection menu engages on…

Customer Question
We have a Vision 4K...
We have a Vision 4K TV; the input selection menu engages on its own when the TV is started an scans and scans for about 7 to 10 minutes until selecting an input, seemingly at random. At this point I am able to select the proper "cable box" input but prior to the random selection I can do nothing other than turn the TV off. I have reset the defaults and went back through the original install but nothing has changed.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/21/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Installer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Steve.

Could you please try removing the batteries from the remote control (vizio remote) as well as any cable/sat remote programmed to operate the tv.

Leave them out, (you can turn the tv on first) then observe if the problem continues?

Can you also tell me what the tv is connected to? Is it by chance hooked up to a comcast x1 box via hdmi by chance?

Connected to a TiVo box and adapter

Okay, check the above remote test first.

If no change, go into both the tv and tivo menus, and disable any instance of hdmi control (cec, via, etc)

ok

Thanks, ***** ***** know what happens.

Do you still need help with this?

Nathan, Installer