TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Can't get the neither picture nor sound on my tv

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/21/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

3- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?

Thanks.

I can't get to the back of it. It is hooked to my pioneer receiver vac-1124-k

OK, how the TV get channel signals, through antenna or cable box?

Are you going to call me ?

Phone call may not help at this stage because I don't have basic info abut your TV.

Just upgraded my system last year it's connected to pioneer vsx-516 receiver .... My Netflix works but my cable is not

OK, have you tried to reboot cable box by unplug its power code from wall outlet for 5 minutes, replug back in and let it reboot that may take several minutes and check cable picture on TV?

If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

I did several times

OK, is it possible for you to plug the HDMI cable of cable box directly into HDMI input of TV as a test (this will bypass Pioneer receiver) to see if TV displays cable picture?

I can't get back its a heavy system
All i get is no sync signal on my screen now

OK, do you use Pioneer remote to switch video inputs on TV or use TV remote for that?

the remote control is AXD7723

OK, it seems either pioneer receiver has set on wrong video input and causing no video signals of cable to TV or just stopped the video signals of cable box due to some internal issues.

Could you please switch Off AC supply of all video equipment (TV, receiver, cable box etc) for few minutes, switch On the power and check again?

Ok I will

OK, take your time.

Rebooting now..... Same result .... Nothing happening

Sorry to hear that, I'm out of ideas now and will repost the question so other experts on website can have a look, hopefully some one will soon respond to assist you.

I'm going offline and opting out now to repost the question.

Thanks.

Thanks
How does this work my issue was not solved do you guys get paid ?

We don't get paid, your money is still deposited with website.

TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Installer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

I've sent an optional phone support offer at your request. If you prefer we can continue here in the chat format as well.

Louie, Technician