TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Panasonic flat screen. It now is asking enter a…

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic flat...
I have a Panasonic flat screen. It now is asking for to enter a four digit access code, is there a way to get the code needed?
I do not ever remember needing this code before and it will not let me go past this point.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/21/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Installer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you tell me exactly what it says on the screen? Is it asking for a parental code/pin?

No it just says enter a 5 digit access code

I’ve attempted to accept your call request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. You may need to increase your deposit or clear a security hold on your account. I’ll resend a new phone offer from my end that may be more readily processed.

Were you trying to access an app, like amazon video for example?

No

Without knowing exactly what it is asking you for, it is difficult to resolve this.

Does it happen on all inputs (cable, dvd, etc)?

Okay are you able to access the panasonic setup menu at all?
Or is that when you are prompted for it?

When I am prompted for it.

Okay that is the parental code. Try entering all 0s or all 9s as a default/override.

If no change, we'll try a factory reset:
Press and hold Vol- on the side of the tv, along with the menu button on the panasonic remote, for about 5 seconds (tv should go to a self check screen and shut down or restart. Let me know the results.

No it did not work.
Are you still ther?
What is taking so long?
I'll check back later to contact someone in during the day..

Sorry I missed you, I was offline for the night.

Repeat the above reset steps again, following very carefully, vol- on tv, menu on remote, do this starting from the power on state.

Do you still need help with this?