TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Tachi tv l26 d205. The onscreen menu showing the size of the…

Customer Question
hitachi tv l26 d205....
hitachi tv l26 d205. The onscreen menu showing the size of the screen, the sound quality, the sleep timer, all along the bottom of the screen is cycling through then dissappear and then reappears. On the remote there are no obvious functions to switch this off. I have tried unplugging it, resetting it, switching it off. What can I do to stop this happening? please help!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/21/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Does this happen regardless of what video source such as cable, DVD etc you're watching on TV?

Thanks.

Hi, did you get above reply?

OK - Does this happen regardless of what video source such as cable, DVD etc you're watching on TV?

Thanks.

OK, got it, it calls e-pops which are builtin advertisement for Store Demo. It needs to be turned Off in TV menu.

Press Setup/Menu button on TV remote, go to Setup option and select Auto Setup option and check TV Location that should be set as Home use and below is E-POP Demo option which should be set as Off.

This change will get TV in normal viewing mode and all these banners/ pop ups will disappear.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Do you need any further assistance with it?

Thanks.

I cannot try it just now but I will tomorrow and let you know if that works or not. Then I will leave an applicable rating.

OK, it will work.

Hi again. I tried your fix, but the "auto setup option" is greyed out and it just skips over it so i can't select it. What now?

ah OK, please select TV as source by pressing Input button, this will enable auto setup option to proceed.

Since your TV is set on different video input so auto setup option will grayed out/ disable.

Ok, I'll try that tonight and let you know. Thanks.

OK, take your time.

Thanks.