Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Original question: I have a sharp 70" aquos. Model

Customer Question

Original question: Good afternoon. I have a sharp 70" aquos. Model number is ***** I have no picture, as the screen will not come on at all. It has the light blinking the 2-5 code. I have just replaced the power board with the exact same power board model number from electropartsonline.com. What should mynext step be?Tonight's question:
I have no replaced the t-con board with an exact replacement. I am still getting the same 2-5 blinking code. I have tested that I am indeed getting exactly 12 volts to the t-con board from the power supply. What is my next step/something I can try to get my screen to turn on?
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now replaced the t-con board****
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I advise you to get a service manual for this model or for this model line. It may save you ever so much expense swapping boards out until you find what the problem is - if you ever do by that method.

(My personal opinion - it's just an opinion, without better and more in-depth data - is that you have a shorted component somewhere in the TV.)

Here's one source for such a service manual:

http://www.manualsparadise.com/service-repair-manuals/Sharp/LC-70LE757U-LC70LE757U/RWSPFM-64918788-1

And this is another source - a proved, reliable source that I have often recommended to customers without ever hearing back anything bad - and it's also about 6-7 $ cheaper:

http://www.servicemanuals.net/SHARP/LC70LE757U-SERVICE-MANUAL/1549380/detail.aspx

I hope this advice helps with the problem.