TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Samsung TV, model # LN46A650A1FXZA. It was working…

Customer Question
I have a Samsung TV...
I have a Samsung TV, model # ***** It was working great until my wife turned it off on Sunday night using our remote control. When we turned it on Monday morning, there was no picture, only a blue screen. Even when we disconnected our cable box, where there is usually snow, there was still this blue screen. There is a menu button on both the remote and the TV, but pressing it does nothing. The screen stays blue. Samsung suggests we do a Factory Reset using the remote, but even those instructions say the menu will appear onscreen to warn of losing settings.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/20/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , let me know when you`re ready ?

I am ready

O.k then .

Apparently you did pretty much everything that could be done under the circumstances but here is something for you to try ;

Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.
Although i do not expect much out of this procedure , it has to be done to confirm that this problem can be cleared or not with a reset.
If that does not do it then we are looking at internal problems with the tv.

let me know how that goes and we`ll take it from there

ok

If that reset doesn`t do it as I suspect then at this point you are looking at either a defective t-con or main board and by the look f it neither will be easy to find and fairly expensive if found .

The main board goes for around $125 while the t-con is 90 to $100 .

This means that if repairing this yourself is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $300 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around but to tell you frankly I would think twice before investing this kind of money into this 8 years old tv while you can buy a new 50" for $500 or less nowadays.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you