TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I had only rabbit ears. I bought a new antenna but it won,t…

Customer Question
I had only rabbit ears...
I had only rabbit ears for antenna. I bought a new antenna but it won,t work. The tv read 3 universal no service. I am moving and no not want cable at this time.
Could you tell where to plug the "antenna" in the tv for rabbit ears service. I have tried
The side antenna and antenna provided but it won,t work.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/20/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , let me know when you`re ready ?
Also , could you please give me the tv`s model number ?

42x46

Is that a panasonic toshiba etc. ?

Sorry but this is not a complete model number and perhaps with the brand name i may be able to find out what it is

42k44 Hitachi Led Hda
Where do,I buy an antenna that will work.?
When I try to connect the TV, it reads 3 Universal no service.

If you already bought an antenna then an antenna is an antenna is an antenna .....

A piece of wire is an antenna if you can connect it to the tv and there is no such things as digital antenna , the signal within is digital now but the wave that carries it over the air is the same that was there in the 50`s so that gets back to an antenna is.......

Now to get back to that model number , hitachi model numbers in lcd TV's start with the letter L then the tv size , for example L40...... is for a 40" tv

I`ve tried with both numbers you gave me and nothing

By the way , a phone call at this point would be useless and if you received an automated phone offer from the web site ,never mind that ,it wasn`t from me

Right now what I need to answer all your question is the correct model number starting with the letter L

There is no Letter L when Comcast came out three years ago they said Hitachi, was wrong. I am asking WHERE YOU PLUG
IN THE ANTENNA PLUG on the TV. I know WHAT Antenna is! Don.t Call
,

Where you plug an antenna is usually a round screw type connector , at the rear of the tv and it will say either RF ,CABLE or ANTENNA

I don`t know exactly what your tv looks like you did not give the model number !

By the way , I told you about antennas because you were asking where to buy one and you already have one .

Even if that antenna was made in the 50`s it would still work hence my explanation about it

Where did you connect that old antenna anyway

It will say antenna or cable next to the connector

The main thing now is , how old is your tv and is it capable of picking up ATSC signal or works only with the old NTSC , if that is the case then no use to look for the antenna terminal you wont pickup anything over the air.

That gets us back to that model number