TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

REMOTE WILL NOT TURN OFF OR ON HAS NEW BATTERIES

Customer Question
REMOTE WILL NOT TURN OFF...
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/20/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first a few questions ;

Can you operate the tv manually with the buttons directly on it ?

By the way , in case you didn`t know there is a small joystick at the lower left rear of the tv that serves as power and some functions to operate the tv

What is the tv doing now if anything ?
Is there a light or blinking light at the front , clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on by pressing that button at the rear ?

TV WORKS PERFECT REMOTE DOES'NT

O.k then i can find you a replacement remote but it may still be a good idea to test the one you have now .

Do you happen to have a cell phone camera,digital camera ,tablet or any camera that has a display or screen to test the remote ?

CELL

O.k then here is how to test your remote;
Turn on the camera and point the front of the remote at the camera lens ,then while looking at the remote through the screen press buttons on the remote.
If the remote is working, you should see light coming out the front of it while looking at it through the camera screen.
If you see nothing coming out and are not sure if you did the test correctly then try it with a known working remote.

Here is your remote if this one proves to be defective , click the link below;

http://www.newremotecontrol.com/samsung/catalog_item.php?catnum=BN5901178W

If the remote is working then we are looking at a problem with the tv in which case i have a solution for you there as well ,just let me know

If it is not working then you have those links where you can get a new one .

Hope this help and please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you