TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Sharp LC-19SB15U Television. Somehow, I turned on…

Customer Question
I have a Sharp LC-19SB15U...
I have a Sharp LC-19SB15U Television. Somehow, I turned on close-caption. How do I turn it off? The remote doesn't do it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/20/2016
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, is the TV directly connected to an antenna? Or is there a cable box?

Cable Box.

Bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the cable box. Additionally, please describe how the cable box is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).

The cable box is connected to the TV with a component connection. The cable box is a AT&T U-Verse Motorola vip1200.

Appreciate the additional information.

Based on these, then the Closed Caption would have to be turned off in the Motorola VIP1200.

Have you tried checking the Motorola's MENU for the Closed Captioning feature? ...turning it OFF?

Hi again Richard,

Any updates?

Please re-try; MENU / SETTINGS / PASSWORD ***** HARDWARE SETTINGS / disable CC Pass Through and CC Overlay Render.