TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Unfortunately, we had a power surge before I could replace…

Customer Question
Unfortunately, we had a power...
Unfortunately, we had a power surge before I could replace the main board; which you had suggested to do. Now the TV wont even power on. We tried resetting the breaker unplugging and re-plugging but nothing worked. Is the TV repairable? If so what do I need to do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/20/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Sorry to hear that, does the power indicator lit/ blink when press power button on TV to turn it On?

Do you have multimeter and can check standby volts on power supply board of TV?

Thanks.

No lights or anything happens when we try to turn it on. I don't have one here at the house tonight but I can get my hands on one tommorrow. Where do I test to see if it has any standby volts?

Please find attached image of power supply board where connector is marked with yellow arrow, check standby volts on pin-12 of that connector, pins are also marked as 1-2~13-14 to count pin-12 OR get 5V and 12V reading on any pin of that connector while TV power cord is plugged in wall outlet?

Thanks.

Okay I will do that tomorrow and then get you the results. Thank you so very much for your help and expertise!!!!!

Thanks, ***** ***** your time and we will continue it by tomorrow.