hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer
Experience:  State Of Hawaii Certified Cable TV installer
40928634

Have a TV in the bedroom and 't want to get a cable box.

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. Have a TV in the bedroom and don't want to get a cable box. Bought a powered antenna. Cannot see any channels. Autotune or Manual tune.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: new antenna, plugged coax into antenna input on an LG TV. Go to autotune and it finds zero channels. Do I need to tell the tv it's an antenna not a cable box?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, What's the model number off the back of the TV please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
32LS3450
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still with me?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Yes I am. Trying to pull up the manual for this set which does not give any specifics. Offhand- YES you do physically need to select ANT before running the scan, but as far as WHAT menu option you select to do that- LG has decided to now allow anyone to look that up. So, can you please press MENU and tell me what options show up? Is there anything for "Setup"?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hold on...heading in there
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

No problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i try to change channels - says channel map empty - would you like to tune - YES - then auto tuning, manual tuning, channel edit are options
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I asked you specifically to press MENU and let me know what options there are.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Don't try to change channels- you don't have any yet. Set the TV to the "TV Input" (using Input) then press MENU. What exactly do you see on the screen for options please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
choices...aspect
picture
sound
caption
sap
sleep
del/add/fav
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Can you scroll down further, or is that it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did you quit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What??Referred to another tech? After such a snippy response?? Seems like this should be easy for you???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hope this is not a paid service...if one pays one expects zero snippy comments and some kind of decent interaction, right??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
24 hours is kind of ludicrous when trying to get your tv tuned up, no??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ahhh, hello??
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what you're referring to as "snippy" as I was literally asking if you had the ability to scroll further down the options in the MENU, or if that was all that showed in the options? Since I could not pull up a manual from LG, I opted out- which simply opens up the question for other experts to assist. I have not been paid- you simply paid the site a deposit to post your question. I am no longer involved in the dialog.

If you're not interested in any further assistance with this problem, you can self-refund by simply checking the HELP link below, or contacting Customer Service from the Home Page.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/142

Expert:  hongkongpom replied 1 year ago.

Hello there I am another Expert do you still need help please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please help.

Hello there I'm sorry to tell you that if your TV cannot tune in any digital TV channels, this means that the antenna is not sensitive enough to pull in your local FTA (Free to air) channels.

​Do you have a roof antenna that you can use please?