TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Vizio model E390i-BO, the problem is that it will…

Customer Question
I have a Vizio model...
I have a Vizio model E390i-BO, the problem is that it will turn off after powering up, I replaced the power board thinking that it's the problem but I guessed wrong. The power light will light up very dim then will go out and will shut down. Any ideas ,I really like the TV
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/19/2016
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

In most cases with an issue like this the problem is either the main-board (most suspect) or the power-board, as you have already eliminated the power then you should consider replacing the main-board as its likely the data that controls that board is bad.

You need to get the back off the set, locate the main-board thats the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the part-number try www.shopjimmy.com first, if they dont have it google the part-number to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play)

Let me know if you need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band of stars usually at the top of the page with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony