Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Trying to wall mount VIZIO Model: E390-B1E; 4 hole pattern

Customer Question

trying to wall mount VIZIO Model: E390-B1E; 4 hole pattern on the back matches up perfectly w/ SANUS bracket kit; hardware included in the bracket kit are 4MM; 6MM; and 8MM screws of different lengths. 6MM is too small, 8MM is too large; went to Lowes, picked up 7MM which seems to be about the right size but the thread size seems to prevent it from getting started in the screw hole. TV user's manual does not give the size of the screw holes,,, can you help me, please??
This is my work e-mail***@******.***, if this doesn't work for some reason please try my personal e-mail -***@******.***
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Are you sure you checked the right screws? The service documentation actually specifies that the 100x100 vesa pattern and takes an M4 screw size.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Listen, at work currently, will double check when I get back home later, i talked to VIZIO earlier and was told the same thing. ... im 99% sure that I have the right screws and the hole pattern matches perfectly ,,,, hit ya back later when I get home thank you
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

No problem, take your time. Note: Make sure you set up your account on the site here (email address, password, etc) so you can get back in to reply from home.

It is not at all unheard of for vizio to have the wrong specs. That said, I've never seen a m7 screw used on their products, they are always metric, and always even numbers. Try threading the m4 and m6 in further. May need a longer screw, and it may not grab at first until you get deeper into the mount hole.

Did you get a coarse or fine thread screw?

If you're not sure about the ones from the bracket being correct, try swapping in the m4 screws used in the vizio plastic stand/base.