TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv is on, but there's no sound or picture. When I turn it…

Customer Question
My tv is on, but...
My tv is on, but there's no sound or picture. When I turn it on the indicator light flashes flashes 6 times.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/18/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Does screen glow/ show backlight and can you bring TV menu screen through remote or buttons on TV itself?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.

No light of any kind. I have a cable box hooked up to it only. Called cable company & re-booted the box. Said it was the tv. Listen, the on-off indicator light on front of set means something. It has never flashed before. It's flashing 6 times every time I try turning it on. I only know its on due to indicator sound

Thanks for the info, can you elaborate "indicator sound" please?

Is it Samsung logo sound that comes when turn On the TV?

I don't know what their logo sound is. It consists of 7 notes

OK - Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Will unplug tv now.

OK, please take your time.

Didn't work. Any other ideas?

Sorry to hear that, now we know that it is definitely hardware failure in TV and possible failing board is either main board or backlight inverter board (also known as power supply board) and swapping the board is only option to move forward, please check with following board supplier link to get main board/ power board for this TV on reasonable price..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=un32eh4003f

It needs to get the part number off of label pasted on board in TV to get exact/ identical replacement board to replace in TV.
If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that amount on new replacement TV as 32 inch TV prices have dropped. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

I know that that's not the problem. This has happened to me on two occasions. I just trying different things and Walla!!

Well, my answer is based on info about TV symptoms mentioned in question, tried hard reset that didn't work either so suggested next possible fixes to resolve the issue.

Thanks.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician