TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I want to watch video that is on my phone on my TV. I do not…

Customer Question
I want to watch video...
I want to watch video that is on my phone on my TV. I do not have internet in my area and have no in home wired or wireless network but my LTE service is great. I am wondering if there is a media docking station or some cable arrangement that will work for mirroring my audio and video from my phone to me TV? I did purchase a device that ran from the phones USB port to my TV HDMI port but the picture froze almost immediately.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/18/2016
TV Technician: Dan, Broadcast Engineer replied 2 years ago
Dan, Broadcast Engineer

Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to assisting you today. What type of TV do you have and how old is it please?

It's a panasonic TC P55VT50. It's about 3 years old.

Okay give me a minute please.

What did you use to connect the phone to the TV?

Also, what type of phone do you have?

slimport compatible micro usb to hdmi adapter that listed the LG4 as something it would work with.
LG4

Does the cable indicate it is MHL certified?

No. I believe the MHL is not the same as the slimport that the LG phones have. None of the MHL cable adapters I looked act said they supported the LG4. I thought the difference was that the slimport carries the audio and video to the HDMI connector and the MHL doesn't

Just to confirm, you have an LG G4 phone correct?

What you will need is the Slimport Nano Console. This device is made to do just exactly what you are trying to do and is compatible with your phone.

I will check it out.

Okay let me know what you think.