TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How do you program the samsung audio bar to the vizio tv…

Customer Question
how do you program the...
how do you program the samsung audio bar to the vizio tv when the model of the audio bar is not listed? The model of the bar is hwhm45c, the closest model is hwfm45c.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/18/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "program the audio bar to the vizio tv"?

What exactly are you trying to do- get the Vizio remote to operate the Samsung, or?

Also what is the model number off the back of the Vizio?

Where are you finding the "closest model"? Where is that stated?

Get the cable remote to operate the samsung audio bar. The model no. is HWHM45C from the back of the audio bar.
from the samsung listing given on the menu of the cable remote

Okay understood. Cable remotes are VERY limited universal remotes- at best, ***** ***** don't cover an exclusive model database. That is just something I've learned over 20 years of installing. That said, the model number you have and the one that's in their list are not different enough to be of consequence. So if you use the code for the Samsung model the cable remote shows- what happens?

The is a message that says there is an error and to try later. I've been trying for 2yrs.
Would I be better off getting a universal remote to operate the entire system?
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Installer

When you are saying "not listed", do you mean in the cable remote instructions?

Or are you trying to use an on screen setup menu from the cable box?
Do you have the option to enter a direct code to the remote?