TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Panasonic TH-P46GT30A which is flashing red 8 times…

Customer Question
Hi i have a...

Hi i have a Panasonic TH-P46GT30A which is flashing red 8 times i have looked it up to be the SS recovery board i am an electrician so i trust myself working on the tv

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Tv will turn on but then turns itself off and the power light starts flashing as i described earlier just wondering how i can diagnose the problem so i could either order a part and replace it or what to do next

Technician's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yea that is fine

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/18/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.

- Could you please take a good picture of rear of TV and post it here so I can view all the boards in TV?

This will help to get related manual for troubleshooting purpose.

Thanks.

Excellent picture, thank you!

Working on it and get back to you in 30 minutes.

Thanks for waiting, 8 times flashing error code indicates following possible failures.

Abnormality of the Sustain drive circuit.

Open or loose connection between the SS board and FPCs from the panel (SS61, SS64, SS21, SS24, and SS58).

Open or loose connection between connectors C10/C20 Open or loose connection between A20 and SC20.

Wrong diagnostic by the A board.

8 Blinks condition is also caused when the connections between the panel’s flex-cables and the sustain board are broken or the connector are not properly seated.

Possible failure is either SS board or display panel or A board or C2 board.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

hi i was actually hoping that you would be able to assist me in diagnosing the exact problem with some sort of procedure as i basically found the same thing on google by searching and checking all the connections, and i still have the same issue. i might just take it into a tv shop if you think it might be a bit too hard to do over computer correspondence. If you could let me know that would be good.

I wish there was an easy or quick fix or troubleshooting procedure except I outlined in previous reply.

Did you swap/ replace any board mentioned in previous reply?