TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a sanyo tv. model # fvd48p4. when i went to set the…

Customer Question
i have a sanyo tv...
i have a sanyo tv. model # ***** when i went to set the channels on the set up screen. it went to a language screen and won let me do anything else
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/18/2016
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, is the original Sanyo remote available / usable?

no. universal remote
it was working fine.. but when i went to the menu screen it did this

I understand.

With the screen showing the "Please Select Language" choices, have you tried using the TV's left side panel buttons; ▲ CH ▼ to select English and INPUT as ENTER ?

And the result please? ...were you able to select "English" and after INPUT (ENTER) progress to the next menu/window?

it will move to different languages but nothing else

No "English" that can be selected?

when i push the input key nothing happens
english is highlighted but the input key does nothing

This is very significant as it would indicate two (2) major concerns:

• • the left side panel buttons are partially faulty hence repairs needed; and
  • • the universal remote is not 100% / fully compatible thus an original remote would be needed.

Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.

up until this happend all the buttons worked fine

On the side panel?

Have you tried gently tapping on the side panel button a number of times in the hope of jarring it back into action?

no but i will
didnt help

We're back to the above 2 possibilities / propose fix.

Might an original remote control serve your need then?

sorry for your time

I understand and no prob.