TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The sound on our Aquos Sharp TV is off. We have disconnected…

Customer Question
The sound on our Aquos...
The sound on our Aquos Sharp TV is off. We have disconnected the TIVO box, unplugged the tv and let it set 3 mins then replugged it back in, Still no sound. We have other tvs on the same system, no problem.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/17/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , let me know when you`re ready ?
Also , something wrong with the tv`s model number but we may not need it for now

I have no sound on my tv
Sfter sound stopped I reset it back to factory settings with no luck

O.k then , was looking at what you said and about unplugging the tv for a few minutes .

In a case like this , its not the tv to suspect first and unplug but the source itself , in this case the cable box .

Pull the cable box`s power cord off the wall outlet (cable box only) for a minute.
In the mean time turn off the tv and turn it back on only after you plug back the cable box power cord.
Note that it may take a couple of minutes for the cable box to reboot after you plug it back ,just give it time.

We did turn off the cable box and tv. And tried the satellite and did player also with no sound
After restarting tv and cable still no sound

O.k then in that case if you tried other equipment with the same result then yes you are looking at a problem with the tv and now I will need the exact model number ?

If it is a 60 " then it will start with LC-60........

Never mind I answered myself

LC-60SQ15U sharp aquo

Thanks

And you said that the sound went all of sudden ?

You did not adjust or change anything prior to that ?

No watching the ball game and sound suddenly stopped

O.k then that does it , your TV's audio circuit went defective and I can tell you that this circuit is integral to the main board that cost around $100 if you were to buy it yourself.

This would mean well over $250 to have a shop replace this for you at home but there are work arounds if you are interested .

How do you want to proceed from here ?
Look into this yourself or the repair shop ?

Thank you but we will replace the tv

No problem , Much welcome and please do not forget to rate so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

Any more questions on this ?

If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit , this is how I make a living and that rating gets me paid for my time.
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thanks for understanding .

No thanks

No thanks ??

Not sure what you are replying to here

Ref your offer on fixing the tv alternatives. We are not interested.
Thank you goodbye

O.k then no problem .

If you ever change your mind you can still reach me here after rating

thanks again and please do use that rating system