TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have had our tv 7 years and past year it stops working…

Customer Question
we have had our tv...
we have had our tv for approx 7 years and for the past year it stops working completely all you can hear it doing is a clicking sound .we usually turn it off at the mains overnite and it will work in the am,
however over the past year we have to leave it switched off for longer than overnite and the length of time that it works is getting shorter and shorter .
Can anything be done to fix it ,how much would it cost or should we just get rid off it ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/17/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

What is the model number off of the back of the TV please?

MCR62156603

That's not a valid model number. It should be on the sticker on the back of the set.

An LG model would be something like 47LC3U or similar.

product no 60PK550 AA.ANRLLH
SERIAL NO 004KCWC7V361

Thank you. 60PK550 is the model- it's a 60" set.

Now the clicking is the power supply board relay cycling due to a short sensed on the power board. This can be caused by the power board (most likely) or the Mainboard (which supplies the turn on command), failing due to out of spec components. If you're looking to repair this yourself, you will need a multi-meter and there are some tests which need to be performed. In this case- let me know and I can assist with this.

However if this is not something you're comfortable with, and would have a shop do this- then you're looking at an average cost of $300 parts and labor at a shop- in which case putting that money into a 7 year old set is not cost effective- since a brand new 60" LED TV starts at around $550 and up- so the TV could be replaced for less than twice the cost of repairs.

There aren't any pushbutton fixes for this, or resets- and it does require hardware testing and replacement to fix the issue.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.