TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Unplugged tv and transferred unit to another room; now it…

Customer Question
Unplugged tv and transferred unit...
Unplugged tv and transferred unit to another room; now it won't turn on. No power.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/16/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
2- Any idea, how old it is?

Thanks.

5 years. Model number 19PFL3504D/F7
Is that what you needed?

Thanks, ***** ***** it and get back to you in 10 minutes.

Thanks!

Does power indicator/ light turn On or blink when plug TV power cord in wall outlet?

Nothing at all. I even took it to another room and plugged it in. Has no power.

Sorry to hear that, there are two possibilities for this problem, either fuse in TV has blown for some reason OR switching regulator chip in power supply section is defective and causing the problem. It needs to take off back cover of TV and use multimeter to test the fuse, if found open/ blown then replace it, replug TV power cord in to see if TV turns On or fuse blows again which would show regulator chip has shorted out and entire power board will need to be replaced. Fuse is located close to terminals where power cord connected on power supply board.

Please check with following board supplier if required power supply board as currently it is out of stock but they might get it for you..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=19PFL3504D%2FF7

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote, however, it doesn't worth to spend money on its repair...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Thank you, ***** ***** that once I acquire multimeter.

No problem, please take your time.

Thanks.