TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My R C A tv just lost color. The picture is great. I tried…

Customer Question
My R C A tv...
My R C A tv just lost color. The picture is great. I tried going to menu but no luck😞
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/16/2016
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website which saves you time and money vs much higher repair shop diagnostic fees.

To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...

1. What is the full model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv
2. When you access the menu, is that menu that you are navigating around in, showing in color?

2. What is connected to the tv? cable box or satellite box or ?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

1. Unsure-it make take a minute to reposition tv so I can see model number.
2. Yes color
3. Comcast cable box
I am on skype also

First suspect is the connection cables from the comcast box to the tv. Common if you are using the Component connection when a few of the cables come loose. Suggest you reseat all those audio/video cables on the back of the tv AND the back of the comcast box. Test and if needed reboot the tv and the box by unplugging both of the POWER cords for a few minutes. Test again and let me know.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Regardless of what you decide to do next, please be sure to click the 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other paying customers.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,