TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Polaroid remote control is not working. Apparently,

Customer Question
something was spilled on it...
Polaroid remote control is not working. Apparently, something was spilled on it. How do I get it to work or how can I adjust the color levels with the cable remote?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/16/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

What is the model number off of the back of the Polaroid TV?

Also what exactly is the color problems you're having?

Who is your cable company and what is the brand and mode of the cable box so I can look up their remote please?

Comcast Xfinity.

Please reply back to the rest so I can try to help.

FLM 3201 is model! The color is way off and I cannot adjust for I believe the remote is non functional! I cannot adjust the color levels with the cable remote!

If using a cable box chances are you will not be able to adjust color levels. If the color is THAT far off- it has nothing to do with the settings. Please tell me if there are 5 colored cables connected to the back of your TV from the Xfinity box. Let me know.

the 5 are attached!

Please don't yell. I'm trying to help you.

Remove the red and green cables closest to each other on BOTH ends- Cable Box and TV.

Then plug them back in and make sure they are TIGHT.

Let me know if the color changes.

First I am not yelling- the problem is totally in the cables! I will get the cable company to replace ! Thank you for your help! Have a great afternoon!

Okay, sorry, I mistook the exclamation points for yelling- my bad.

Yes, if the color is off then the red or green cables are bad, or pulled loose and should be replaced.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.