TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

What does this cost?
, I have a Westinghouse VR-3215 TV…

Customer Question
What does this cost...

What does this cost?

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I have a Westinghouse VR-3215 TV hooked to a VCR and cable. All of a sudden (I don't know when it happened) I have an Input Source menu on the screen. Nothing will let me scroll/select/get rid of that menu. The picture and sound are fine. Neither the TV or cable remote will now work with the TV and the side panel buttons on the TV no longer work. It is the weirdest thing ever. Comcast is coming out tomorrow, but they never get things right

Technician's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Sure

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/16/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Thanks.

I did unplug but not for 10 min. I'll give it try

OK, take your time.

I'll let 10 min go by
that did not work
Input Source menu still on the screen, side panel buttons on the TV still not working

Sorry to hear that, this test confirms that TV firmware (nternal software) has been corrupted and it happen due to failing EEPROM (memory) chip that stores firmware data and replacement of EEPROM chip or entire main board will help to resolve the issue.

Required chip/board will be available at following board supplier if you are looking to repair the TV by yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=VR-3215

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Hi, do you need any further assistance with this TV question?

Thanks.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician