TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Garry here issue is can not get any channels tv is showing a…

Customer Question
Hi Garry here issue...

Hi Garry here issue is can not get any channels tv is showing a roving AV NO SYNC box

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Switched on tv and all i get is the no sync

Technician's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/16/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having.

Gary, can you get me some more details please? Like, what is the model number off the back of the TV?

How do you receive broadcasts on the set (cable/SAT box, etc.)?

What remote are you using right now?

Nec NLT-17C
Bush Digital Receiver
Nec tv Remote

Okay, the No Sync message typically indicates the TV has lost signal. This can occur because the TV Input was changed, or the cabling between the Bush box and the TV has failed.

Please unplug everything from power for 1 minute and plug it all back in. Once everything reboots let me know what happens.

No change what should the tv be on av,tv ?

That all depends on where the cable box is plugged into it. I have no way of knowing, the box could be plugged in any of these ports. What happens if you select both- one at a time?

No thank you, ***** *****'t take a phone call right now. If you'd like to continue with me, then please reply back on this page to the info I requested above.

Bush box is plugged into back of tv by red,white and yellow cables not getting response from tv all is showing is roving box with AV NO SYNC

The RWY cables are AV cables, and the TV generally has more than one AV setting. On the side of the TV or using the original TV remote you should be able to find an "Input" or "TV/Video" button. Try pressing that and select ALL of the AV options on the set- one at a time to see if one restores your video. If it does not then you have to determine why the TV is no longer receiving signal- either a bad box or a fault in the TV. In this case try plugging another device to the set (such as a DVD player) and see if you have the same issue. This determines whether or not the BUSH box or the TV itself are the root cause of the problem.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.