TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I own a Haier TV - model AL25AS20. I moved and have lost the

Customer Question
plug from the TV to...
I own a Haier TV - model AL25AS20. I moved and have lost the plug from the TV to the power pack. Where can I get a new one?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
1/15/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , let me know when you`re ready ?
Also , could you please check the tv`s model number again ?

The model # ***** *****

Thanks that will do it .

Now you said you lost the part that goes between the power pack and the tv ??

I have the power pack - in fact 2 of them. But when I sent for a new plug, they sent me one that doesn't fit my tv.

Certainly has your TV's model number listed there !

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .

I went onto that site and that looks just like the one I purchased and the plug that's supposed to fit into the tv doesn't fit. I tried everything.

Your model number is ***** there , cannot go beyond that , sure these DC connector look the same , its the size that counts and again there is your model number .

it is the same and I ordered mine on Amazon!

Sorry but I will opt out then , I cannot do better , I mean I could give you a 1000 supplier and you still would not know would you !

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.
DO NOT rate or it will hinder the repost .

TV Technician: TV Tech1, Technician replied 2 years ago
TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician

Logically, those power supply adaptors should fit...unless Haier is selling an adaptor made with metric connectors. Is the connector a little too large or small to fit in the TV's socket for that adaptor?

If so, then this supplier seems to have the original adaptor.

https://www.encompassparts.com/item/8232799/Haier/TV-0015-04/Adapter_-_Ac

Before you purchase this from them. can you answer my first statement above? I think I had the same problem as you several years ago when I was trying to fit a power adaptor to a Haier plasma TV set.

I trust Encompass, and Sears for the proper part. Sears seems to base their power supply on UK standards (just look how it's written in UK English) -

http://www.sears.com/ablegrid-branded-ac-adapter-for-haier-tv-0015/p-SPM9650585625

Notice the statement "MAINS PSU CORD"?

That's British. That's the way they speak about their power system.

Don't buy it...it may be designed for the UK, but the Encompass one would be for the USA.

I get a feeling that's why you keep getting power supplies that don't match your plug.

Oh and I'm NOT READY TO BE RATED...Just answer has locked the "I'm ready to be rated" box and I can't turn it off. Just reply back to me about the Plug size so I have some feedback about those Amazon power supplies, ok?

TV Tech1
TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician