TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

TV turned off and power signal inverted v just sits and

Customer Question
flashes. Tried all on line...
TV turned off and power signal inverted v just sits and flashes. Tried all on line fixes did not work sharp aquos 60 inch quattron
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/15/2016
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 1 year ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website which saves you time and money vs much higher repair shop diagnostic fees.

To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here.

1. How long have you had the Tv?

2. Has the tv ever been serviced? or parts replaced?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
4yearsNeverHooked media box into it cut out a couple times then powered down and power button just flashing now

Is the tv covered by any extended warranty/service contract?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No just looked 5 years

Please describe your background/experience with electronics repair?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
None

Unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, checks need to be performed, then parts ordered and installed. That requires using a meter and performing complex tests on live voltages. In your case a repair shop should be consulted.

As an example of how much it will cost- Our shop charges $125 on site diagnostic fee just to hand you an estimate. Parts and labor on top of that are usually another $200-$250. This gives you an idea of whether you want to have the tv repaired or put all the money you saved into a new tv that will come with a fresh warranty, more features, better picture quality, etc.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Regardless of what you decide to do next, please be sure to click the 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other paying customers.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Hello, just checking back in to see if you made any progress, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician