TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My name is ***** *****. I just replaced the lamp on my Sony

Customer Question
Customer: My name is *****...
Customer: My name is ***** *****. I just replaced the lamp on my Sony KDS 60A2000, and I can't get the power light to stop blinking red three time. I've replaced the bulb before and never had a problem
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What details would be helpful? The bulb is in, the door is on, and I've even unplugged the TV (but only for about 10 seconds)
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
1/14/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem

This 3 blinks code indicates that either the lamp is not seated properly or the door is not securely closed .

There are 2 switches that monitors this and either will give you that 3 blinks code but most often it is the door switch that causes the problem .

So much so that at some point sony was suggesting defeating them and stopped installing them in its later models.

Now what i would suggest is to pull the lamp out and back in again and double check that the lamp door is closed securely

Let me know how that goes

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician