Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I was told to unplug my TV and press and hold the power

Customer Question

I was told to unplug my TV and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds then leave the TV off for 2 hrs before plugging in the TV aND turning it back on to allow more power to the lamp. Is this a true statement or just BS? Does that actually do anything goes to the TV?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.

Above mentioned process is to reset the TV and helps if there is TV firmware issue occurred.

Could you please elaborate what is the issue with TV and what does power light on TV do when turn On the TV?

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.