Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

All of a sudden we have vertical lines up and down the

Customer Question

Hello. All of a sudden we have vertical lines up and down the screen. The set is Sony Bravia 46 inch and is approx 6 years old. I think it may need replacing. Do I just pay $5 for this advice. Can anyone help. Cheers Brian
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello Brian

Brian it looks like you have paid a deposit of $28 I only receive a proportion of that when you rate the answer positively, the $5 is what the site takes if the question is responded to, so its $28 total you would be looking at here

Let me know what you want to do

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am confused please can u help my problem

Brian yes I can help you with this please remember to rate the answer positively when we are through there will be a rating band of stars at the top of the page

OK Brian press the menu button of the sets own remote control are the lines OVER the menu?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi the remote control only has home button and sync menu. Which one. The lines seem to be over the screen that appears which is external inputs with the home button

Thanks Brian

Brian this is likely to be LCD panel failure however it could also be the t-con board that drives the LCD panel now considering the age of the set for either case and certainly if the panel (screen) is bad you would be better off replacing it because of the cost situation.

I am sorry for dismal news here hopefully at least the news can give you better clarity on what you need to do

Let me know if you need more help

Please remember the rating for me thank you

Regards

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what now. Do I call a serviceman??

Brian the set is 6 years old? what I am saying is the problem is very likely to be the LCD panel (screen) that is not an option to replace because of costs so to save you money with repairmen etc you would be better off replacing the set

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh shame thank u. So what this call cost me??

Brian as I explained earlier it looks like you have paid $28 deposit I only receive a proportion of that when you rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thanks

If you need anything else let me know thanks again

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How come 28 dlrs. It should have only been 5 dlrs according to web site
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to rate online but the site crashed. Sorry

Right

You got confused I see

Maybe you should get the set fixed after all?I am not at all sure now if you wish to continue let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My god I am confused and not happy about the advice so far